Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: SB not being sold in ....

  1. #1
    Inactive Member milkyway's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 2003
    Posts
    56
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    Some music stores..I am so angry right now... ok here`s thet story..
    This morning I went shopping and I thought I would just call into Sanity here in Townsville(which is in North Queensland AUS for those who dont know) and asked them to put aside a couple of copies of SB for me but I was told that they were not be getting any copies of it in and I would have to place a special order for it which would take 3 weeks for it to get here. I was like WTF why not??? she went on to tell me that Darren is not popular enough and it wont sell so they havent ordered it in and I said well how is he suppossed to get popular then if you wont sell his music I just dont understand it at all GRRRRR
    I got the same story from anotherer sanity store here and from the Virgin music store tooo GRRRR
    The GOOD news though I went to Target and they will be getting it in YAY atleast Target has good taste
    Dee

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Disco Biscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2004
    Posts
    118
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Honestly, I'm not surprised.

    It's also up to the record company to make sure there's proper distribution, and if it hasn't even been OFFERED to the record stores, I'd be looking hard at Sony again.

    Looks like another round of "Darren is the Sony Leper" is in store.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Kattitude's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 11th, 2002
    Posts
    1,453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Its bl*oody annoying hey?? I dare say my stores here will be the same.

    God they couldnt get SG on their shelves fast enough in the day could they?

    No hes not that popular atm.. but they cant predict how popular or demand for the single will be.

    They have every other piece of sh*it in store so why not add some class to the place.

    I hate sanity music with a passion anyways.

    Kat

  4. #4
    Inactive Member twizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    932
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's a bit harsh isn't it? Still, [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] for Target. At least it's not a totally lost cause. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    I think that he's got such an image problem - not cool enough maybe? [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img] - that it really works against him. I dunno what can be done to rectify it though. [img]confused.gif[/img]

    <font color="#000000" size="1">[ October 19, 2005 04:53 AM: Message edited by: Twizzle ]</font>

  5. #5
    Janie DP
    Guest Janie DP's Avatar

    Post

    That's a real bummer Dee [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img] I suppose you could try ordering them on-line from either www.hmv.com.au or www.sanity.com.au

  6. #6
    Inactive Member *Ann*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    October 8th, 2005
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Gawd I can't wait for his contract with Sony to finish. That is, so long as it doesn't get renewed... [img]confused.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member sharonlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2004
    Posts
    213
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    And we wonder why these singles don't do better in the charts...hardly any wonder when people can't BUY IT in the first place!

    What a ridiculous situation.

    By the way, nice to see you here Ann!

    Sharon X

  8. #8
    Inactive Member sharonlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2004
    Posts
    213
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Out of interest, got this in CD Wow's newsletter today:

    web page

    It looks like it's free UK shipping, and they do post to the US too, in case anyone is interested. If it's cheaper to buy it from the UK, I'm willing to post on to AUS if postage would still make it cheaper than prices there.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member BarbT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Dee

    You moved? Ah Qld my most favourite place [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Sorry you've come up against that but it doesn't surprise me, in the long run Target will probably be cheaper anyway [img]wink.gif[/img]

    I hope Darren is able to do some decent promo here, that is what I believe he needs to increase recognition, but then again does he have time?

  10. #10
    Inactive Member milkyway's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 2003
    Posts
    56
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by BarbT:
    Hi Dee

    You moved? Ah Qld my most favourite place [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Sorry you've come up against that but it doesn't surprise me, in the long run Target will probably be cheaper anyway [img]wink.gif[/img]

    I hope Darren is able to do some decent promo here, that is what I believe he needs to increase recognition, but then again does he have time?
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey Barb yep I moved [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I got SB in BIG W this morning [img]smile.gif[/img] ita was only $2.98 and I love the whole cd [img]smile.gif[/img]

    hugs
    Dee

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •